At The Universal Trade Route Ltd (UTR), we believe in transparency, and we’re committed to being upfront about our privacy practices, including how we treat personal information we collect or receive. This policy explains our privacy practices across all UTR Websites (Sites) and Member Registration.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED OR RECEIVED
UTR will not sell or disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this policy. When registering as a UTR Member, UTR may require information, such as organisation name, contact name, a telephone number and/or a physical mailing address. If required UTR may contact you to confidentially request further information to ensure compliance with rules and regulations. During use of certain Member services and Sites your organisation name and logo may be publicly displayed and linked to your chosen website. UTR is not responsible for the privacy of any publicly displayed information and will not be held responsible for the practices of Site visitors or other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Site. UTR may receive and record some information from your browser when you visit a UTR site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps us analyse and understand how the site works for members and visitors, and provide a more personalized experience for members and visitors. A non-member can email UTR if they do not want UTR to retain their information. UTR uses the information described in this policy to provide and improve our services and products, for identification and authentication purposes, to contact members or interested parties and for general research and aggregate reporting. UTR Member Registration requires all members to be at least 18 years of age, therefore, this policy does not discuss use of any Site or service by minors.
2. MESSAGES FROM UTR
For various reasons, UTR may contact you about our services or your activity. Some of these messages are required, service-related messages for members, other messages are not required. If you no longer wish to use UTR’s services or receive service-related messages, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On occasion, UTR may contact you. Primarily, messages are delivered by email, in some situations, UTR may contact you by telephone, SMS message or physical mail in order to provide you with information about products and features you may find of interest or to provide you with customer support. Some messages from UTR are service-related and required for Member contributors, examples of service-related messages include, but are not limited to: a welcome/confirmation email when you register or correspondence with UTR’s support team. These messages are not promotional in nature. As a Member, UTR may also send you messages related to certain features on a site or your activity. UTR may also send you news or updates about changes to our site or services.
3. INFORMATION & DISCLOSURE
4. COOKIES & TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
UTR uses a variety of technologies to help us better understand how people use our Sites and services. UTR may partner with third-party services that may use various tracking technologies, such as browser cookies or Flash cookies, to provide certain services or features. These technologies allow a partner to recognize your computer each time you visit UTR, but do not allow access to personally identifiable information from UTR. UTR does not have access or control over these third-party technologies, and they are not covered by our privacy statement.
The security of your personal information is important to us. All personal information is held securely and is not sold or disclosed to any third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this policy. Publicly displayed information such as business opportunities and organisation crests, descriptions and website URLs, are in the public domain.
6. DATA RETENTION
UTR will retain your information, if you no longer want UTR to use your information to provide you services, please contact us at ; UTR will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
UTR reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it periodically. We’ll communicate changes by posting a notice on our Sites. If we make material changes to this policy you will be notified here, by email, or other places UTR deems appropriate.
8. CONTACT UTR
If you have any support issue, would like further information or would like UTR to remove your information please email us at , write to us at The Universal Trade Route Ltd, Rm 2912 Tower 2, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or phone us on +852-2961-4282.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING AS A MEMBER OF THE UNIVERSAL TRADE ROUTE LTD. ("UTR") COMMUNITY. THIS AGREEMENT SETS FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR MEMBERSHIP OF THE UTR COMMUNITY AND ALL UTR WEBSITES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO (THE "SITE").
By registering as a Member of our community, you (the "Member" or "you") agree to be bound by this Agreement, including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. This Agreement applies to all Members of the UTR Community.
This Member Agreement ("Agreement") is made by and between you ("you" or "your") and The Universal Trade Route Limited (“UTR”) of Rm 2912 Tower 2, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
1. To participate as a Member, you must submit a complete registration form. UTR will evaluate your application and notify you of the decision to accept or reject your application. UTR may, in its sole discretion, reject your application and terminate the Agreement for any reason without any compensation being due by UTR for such termination. Participation as a Member is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into contracts under applicable law.
2. You agree to provide UTR with complete and accurate registration information.
3. You must be 18 years or older to register as a Member in the UTR Community.
4. You may not in any manner misrepresent or embellish the relationship between UTR and you.
2) SERVICE PROVISION
1. As a member of the UTR Community you will be eligible to receive UTR’s monthly newsletter, biannual magazine and access to resources and features across all out UTR’s Websites (Site), including but not limited to
2. If you wish to opt out of any of the above mentioned services please email UTR at
3. UTR reserves the right to modify or terminate any Member Service for any reason, without notice, at any time.
4. UTR does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to any UTR Website or Services, and operation of any UTR Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside UTR's control.
1. Registering as a Member is free of all charges. This does not entitle you to any discount or reduced fee in connection with services provided to you by UTR outside of this Agreement.
4) RESTRICTED ACTIVITIES
1. Your participation as a Member must at all times be in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and best practices of your native country and any country in which you operate.
2. You may not engage in any activity - in connection with your participation as a Member - that violates intellectual property or proprietary rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, incorporating a third party's trademark in Promotional Material or in negotiations without prior written consent.
3. You will not adopt or use any company name, any trademark, trade name, brand, logo, domain name, or URL of The Universal Trade Route Ltd. without prior written consent.
4. You are solely responsible for your conduct and activities on and regarding to the any UTR Website and any and all data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links (together, "Content") that you submit, post, and display on any UTR Site. Your Content and your use of any UTR Site shall not:
a. Be false, inaccurate or misleading.
b. Be fraudulent or involve the sale of illegal, counterfeit or stolen items.
c. Infringe upon any third-party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy (see also, UTR's Copyright and intellectual Property Policy).
d. Violate this Agreement, any UTR Site policy or community guidelines, or any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising).
e. Be defamatory, trade libellous, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing, impersonate or intimidate any person (including UTR staff or other Member), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, through for example, the use of similar email address, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device.
f. Be obscene or contain child pornography.
g. Contain or transmit any code of a destructive nature that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
h. Host images not part of a listing.
i. Modify, adapt or hack UTR or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with UTR.
j. Appear to create liability for UTR or cause UTR to lose (in whole or in part) the services of UTR's ISPs or other suppliers.
5) CODE OF CONDUCT
Every Member must comply with our Code of Conduct and:
1. Comply with all applicable local and international laws. This requirement involves working in accordance with any relevant statutory requirements which may apply to any work undertaken.
2. Work in a competent and responsible manner. You shall act in a professional, courteous and respectful manner when representing or communicating UTR.
3. Have particular regard to matters of health and safety.
4. Uphold the standing of The Universal Trade Route and all companies within the UTR Community.
6) CONTENT AND INFORMATION CONTROL
1. UTR does not control all Content provided to Members that is made available on any UTR Site. You may find some Content to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. Additionally, there may also be risks dealing with international trade and foreign nationals. By using any UTR Site or resource, you agree to accept such risks and that UTR (and UTR's officers, directors, agents, parent, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) is not responsible for any inaccuracy or offensive content. Please use caution and common sense when using any UTR Site. UTR is not responsible for the availability of outside websites or resources linked to or referenced on any UTR Site. UTR does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You agree that UTR shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or resources.
2. UTR considers any unsolicited suggestions, ideas, proposals, knowledge or other material submitted to it by Member via any UTR Site or otherwise (collectively, the "Material") to be non-confidential and non-proprietary, and UTR shall not be liable for the disclosure or use of such Material. If, at UTR's request, any user sends Material to improve any UTR Site (for example through the customer support), UTR will also consider that Material to be non-confidential and non-proprietary and UTR will not be liable for use or disclosure of the Material. Any communication by you to UTR is subject to this Agreement. You hereby grant and agree to grant UTR, under all of your rights in the Material, a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, sub-licensable and transferable right and license to incorporate, use, publish and exploit such Material for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, including but not limited to incorporating it in the API, documentation, or any product or service, without compensation or accounting to you and without further recourse by you.
7) PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
1. In connection with your participation as a Member you may be provided with data and information that is confidential and proprietary to UTR or other UTR Members, as is designated by the disclosing party or that is reasonably understood to be proprietary or confidential. Confidential Information does not include information: (i) that is or becomes part of the public domain through no act or omission of the receiving party; (ii) that is lawfully received by the receiving party from a third party without restriction on use or disclosure and without breach of this Agreement or any other agreement without knowledge by the receiving party of any breach of fiduciary duty, or (iii) that the receiving party can show it had in its possession prior to the date of this Agreement. You may deliver a copy of such Confidential Information if (a) pursuant to a subpoena issued by any court or administrative agency, (b) to your accountants, attorneys or other agents on a confidentiality basis and (c) otherwise as required by applicable law, rule, regulation or legal process, upon written notification to UTR.
8) COMPLIANCE AND MONITORING
1. You warrant that you are not currently under order or investigation by any federal, state, local or international regulatory or law enforcement organization. You will inform UTR if at any point during your participation as a Member you become under such order or investigation.
2. Any infractions of this Agreement may be monitored and enforced globally in UTR’s discretion.
3. If UTR, in its sole discretion, believes that you or your Agents have breached this Agreement or that you or your Agents have engaged in fraudulent activity, it may take any and all steps it deems appropriate including but not limited to:
a. Issue a warning;
b. Conduct an investigation;
c. Suspend your participating as a Member;
d. Terminate your participation as a Member as a whole; and/or
e. In addition to any other available remedies, UTR may, at its sole discretion, seek, without limitation, specific performance, injunctive relief and/or attorneys' fees.
9) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. If your application to become a UTR Member is accepted, UTR grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use UTR’s logo for Promotional Methods related to the UTR Community and this Agreement.
2. You may not engage in any activity - in connection with your participation as a Member - that violates intellectual property or proprietary rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, incorporating a third party's trademark in Promotional Material without prior written consent.
3. You authorize UTR use of, but not property rights to, your trademarks, service marks, trade names, company names and copyrighted material to promote your participation as a Member.
4. All Parties may revoke any license to use certain Intellectual Property at any time for any reason or no reason, in their sole discretion.
5. You acknowledge that you obtain no proprietary rights in The Universal Trade Route Ltd, or its corporate trademarks, service marks, trade names, URLs, copyrighted material, patents and patent applications or other intellectual property, and agree not to challenge The Universal Trade Route Ltd, or its corporate affiliates' proprietary rights in any way.
10) TERMS AND TERMINATION
1. This Agreement shall commence once UTR has sent you confirmation of your acceptance via email, in effect 24 hours after confirmation is sent, and shall continue until terminated in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
2. You may terminate this Agreement and your enrolment as a Member upon two (2) weeks written notice.
3. UTR may terminate this Agreement and your enrolment as a Member at any time for in its sole discretion upon two (2) weeks written notice.
4. UTR may terminate this Agreement and your enrolment as a Member with immediate effect in a breach of this Agreement.
11) REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS
1. You represent and warrant that (i) any Promotional Content you create, any trade names or trademarks used pursuant to Section 8, and your Promotional Methods do not and will not infringe any third party's Intellectual Property or Proprietary Rights; (ii) you, as signatory, are over 18 years of age; and (iii) all relevant employees, agents and permitted sub-contractors are properly qualified, experienced, licensed (where applicable) and competent to properly perform the agreed Services.
2. UTR, UTR'S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND UTR'S SUPPLIERS PROVIDE UTR'S WEBSITE AND SERVICES "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. UTR, UTR'S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND UTR'S SUPPLIERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN ADDITION, NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM UTR SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
3. IN NO EVENT SHALL UTR, AND (AS APPLICABLE) UTR'S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR UTR'S SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF ANY UTR SITE, UTR'S SERVICES, OR THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. UTR'S LIABILITY, AND (AS APPLICABLE) THE LIABILITY OF UTR'S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND SUPPLIERS, TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAY TO UTR IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, AND (B) $100. SOME COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
4. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD UTR AND (AS APPLICABLE) UTR'S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES, HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE DOCUMENTS IT INCORPORATES BY REFERENCE, OR YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY LAW OR THE RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY.
5. In the event a dispute arises between you and UTR, please contact UTR at email@example.com.
6. Should you have a dispute with one or more Member, or an outside party, you release UTR (and UTR's parent, officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. UTR encourages Member to report member-to-member disputes to UTR at , your local law enforcement, postmaster general, or a certified mediation or arbitration entity, as applicable. UTR, for the benefit of Members, may try to help Members resolve disputes. UTR does so in UTR's sole discretion, and UTR has no obligation to resolve disputes between Members or between Members and outside parties. To the extent that UTR attempts to resolve a dispute, UTR will do so in good faith based solely on UTR's policies. UTR will not make judgments regarding legal issues or claims.
7. All Parties understand and agree that this Agreement creates an independent contractor relationship, not an employment relationship. You acknowledge and agree that UTR will not provide you with any employee benefits, including but not limited to any employee stock purchase plan, social security, unemployment, medical, or pension payments.
1. This Agreement is governed by the laws of Hong Kong. You expressly waive and withdraw your rights under any law or statute conferring jurisdiction on the basis of nationality to courts other than the one expressly designated above.
2. You accept that English is the language of this Agreement.
3. UTR may amend this Agreement by notifying you by email. You may review a revised Agreement for up to one (1) month after your notification. After one (1) month, the revised Agreement will automatically take effect and become fully enforceable. If you do not agree with the revised Agreement please contact UTR to discuss.
4. If any provision of this Agreement is held by any court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, null and void or against public policy, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. The parties shall in good faith attempt to modify any invalidated provision to carry out the stated intentions in this Agreement.
5. UTR’s failure to enforce your strict performance of any provisions of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of UTR’s right to subsequently enforce such provisions or any other provision of this Agreement.
6. Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices shall be given by postal mail to The Universal Trade Route, Rm 2912 Tower 2, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong (in the case of UTR) or, in your case, to the email address you provide to UTR (either during the registration process or when your email address changes). Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, UTR may give you notice by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to the address provided to UTR. In such case, notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.